Tuesday 25 May 2010

First Blog Award


The lovely Nicky at Creative Flourishes nominated me for this award, thank you Nicky!

Here are the rules that came with it:

♥ Thank the person who gave you this award.

♥ Share 7 things about yourself.

♥ Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!

♥ Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

So here are 7 facts about me:

1. I am 36 and have been married twice. First time aged 21 at Gretna Green in Scotland and Second (and last) time aged 29 at Langley Castle, Hexham, Northumberland (I am just posting a photo of me as hubbie is blog shy).

2. Up until 2 years ago I was virtually deaf. Since then I have had two stapedectomy operations and can now hear almost normally.

3. I work in Civil Engineering as a Quantity Surveyor and I currently work with my Husband and Best Friend.

4. I love chocolate, any kind of chocolate, if it is coated in chocolate I will eat it. Except dark chocolate which I find to be disgusting. I am currently loving Galaxy Counters (I remember these from the first time round in the 1980’s).

5. I am a qualified Reflexologist.


6. I spent some of my childhood with my uncle and cousins travelling to Appleby Horse Fair in Cumbria in a living wagon.


My brother and I in 1982!


7. I have an irrational fear of Moths and Frogs!


(That's the closest I will come to posting a picture of a frog ~ YUUUUKKKKK).


I will pass this on soon I promise, it’s just difficult to choose who to send it to as I love all the blogs I follow, and I am a bit unsure about how people feel about these awards, I guess they can just ignore them but I feel duty bound to pass them on ~ arghhh my head hurts now!

Back Soon ♥

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing those snippets with us - you seem to have had an interesting life, I am blown away by the wagon picture,what an amazing experience! xx

Nicky Stevenson said...

You are very welcome Kandi. Amazing how many similarities you and I share - the deafness, the fear of moths and the chocolate! How cool was that caravan! Lovely wedding picture too. The main difference is you are a clever clogs! Working with your husband and best friend eh? What fun! Thanks for sharing these facts. Nickyx

dizzytina said...

Wow what great facts Kandi. Congrats on your award you deserve it and i just love the caravan x x

Amanda Makes said...

Congratulations chick! It was so nice to hear more about you. The more I hear, the more amazed I am! You're a real go getter! Love the photo's. How beautiful are you on your wedding day! Love, Amanda xxx

Alex said...

Ooh what a fascinating post. Love the caravan photo and how gorgeous do you look in the wedding dress?

I love Kermit probably more than is healthy when it comes to puppets, so thank you for the pic ;-)

Crafty JuJu said...

Congratulations on your blogger awad :D I got one of these too & I've still not got around to doing one too...I will get there :D x

LaaLaa said...

Congratulations on the award Kandi! How lovely. Your post made me smile - we have so much in common. Another qualified reflexologist who hates dark choc and loves Galaxy Counters because she remembers them from the first time round. :-) Lynda xxx

Vix said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved award, Kandi!
What a truly stunning bride you were and don't even get me started on that amzing caravan.
Vix
xxx

Kandi said...

Thanks ladies, my uncle built that wagon by hand (with help from his brothers), it is painted with 24k gold paint! I felt like a fairy princess travelling in that for the very first time ~ right up until the point where I asked for toilet roll and was told to go find some docking leaves!! Happy days :)
Kandi xx