Friday 16 July 2010

Stylish Blogger Award



I have been nominated for a Stylish Blogger award by the very lovely and talented Disco Goth – check out her fab coat creations.

The idea is to tell you five things about myself, that you may not already know,

1) I trained in Forensic Science many years ago with the aim to be a scene of crime officer (SOCO) but I didn’t have the stomach for it as a job and went in to civil engineering instead.

2) I have a missing large toenail on my right foot and in flip flop weather I have been known to glue a false toenail to the skin so that I don’t scare small children.

3) I was born too late, I have a love for all things vintage and would have been most happy sometime in the 1930’s.

4) I am pretty much tee total and don’t drink at all. I hate the feeling of being drunk and hate the feeling the next day. I have not been drunk in many years.

5) I am a true grumpy old woman, and I get mad at bad drivers, especially people who drive and use phones at the same time. My husband is mortified by this and swears I will be the victim of road rage one day when I glare at the wrong person.

I would now like to pass this award on to three others who's blog posts I always look forward to (amongs many others of course); please feel free to ignore it if you don’t partake in awards or if you already have this one, I won’t be offended:

Amanda of Amanda Makes



Lynda of Hookin' with LaaLaa




Hazel of Sewn Up Stuck Down





~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~

12 comments:

Alex said...

Oh I'm such a grumpy driver too! Perhaps if you train your husband up to be grumpier then he won't be mortified, he'll just join in with the tutting and fist shaking.

Nicky Stevenson said...

Ooh, another well deserved award Kandi. Love it when we get to know more about our blogging mates, brings out my nosey side! Have a good weekend, Nicky x

Vix said...

Well done, Kandi and top facts!
I used to have that no toe-nail problem but it's finally back. Falsies saved my life!

LaaLaa said...

Oooh, thanks Kandi! How exciting. My first every blog award! xxx

Hazel said...

WOWEEEEEEEEE! I am honoured and I now feel bad I havent had my mojo recently :S I promise things will pick up after my holiday :D
I am glad you got nominated, you always comment on my posts and it makes blogging more worthwhile :) x

Amanda Makes said...

Oh my goodness! I just got back from my Jolly Holidays and was feeling a bit sad and Lo And Behold Kandi! You've cheered me up no end! I've never won an award before! Thank you so much! And I'm in such great company! What do I do? Can I pass it on? Do I need to do the button thingy? (I'm just showing off now, because I can do it now!!!) Lots of love, Amanda xxxxxxxx

Alexandra said...

Great facts! I'm tee total too. Have a fun weekend xx

clare said...

Congrats on your award..well done!
and what lovely 5 things we now know about you!
TFS Hugs Clare x

Disco Goth said...

excellent facts! I too get very uppity at irresponsible driving, there's just no need for it at all!

xx

jane p said...

Kandi, there's no internet in the 1930's. I would love to have been born an embroider during the victorian period but I doubt I could survive the poor dental services and toilet facilities!

LadyBugSays ... said...

Fellow grumpy driver here! People who can't seem to be in the right lane and just aimlessly drift on over into your lane really annoy me!!

giddynici said...

Fab facts. Forensic science seems fascinating but I'd imagine you do need to really have the stomach and heart for it. x