Friday 3 September 2010

Your'e Going Places Baby

"You're going places, baby" award from Bethany (thanks honey x).
The rules are simple. Recipients simply have to state where they think they'll be in ten years.

This is not an easy question, and I was intrigued to be asked it as I had really not given it any thought at all. I am happy now, I am the happiest I have ever been, I have wonderful happy kids, a wonderful husband who I adore and who adores me and a job I don't hate (can't say I love it at the minute!).
In terms of our family in 10 years time our littlest ones will be 21 (OMG, that's scary), what is even more scary is that the oldest ones will be almost 26, and I could be a granny by then!!!!!!!
I guess my hubbie and I will be looking to make ourselves a different kind of life with grown up kids.

With that in mind in ten years time . I hope to:
  • Be healthy ~ I have been feeling a bit unwell recently and it makes you more aware of your mortality I guess, I need to get more sleep and excercise if I am to stay healthy.

image: google images (moviemart.in)

  • Be a good mother to my grown up kids (yikes) ~ not sure how this will pan out but I am hoping to be the sort of Mother they can come to if they need me, but someone who does not live in their pockets and try to cling on.


  • image: Google Images (tvscoop.tv)

  • Be doing less hours at work ~ this is an important one, we spend so much of our lives at work and I don't want to make as much money as I can before I die, I want to live and enjoy this precious short life whilst I can, so once the kids are old enough to support themselves this is something we are keen to do.

image: google images (blog.cyclope-series.com)

  • Be spending more time relaxing/ crafting ~ this is something I can do when I am not working as much.
    image: google images

  • Be living somewhere different ~ I love Northumberland and have lived here for 8 years now but I originate from Durham, and Durham always pulls at me. I am gypsy at heart though and have never really felt at home anywhere, this is the closest I have come and the longest I have lived anywhere. I am 36 now and have lived in 14 different houses.


My beautiful Durham City, image:google images (keithboyarmstong.blogspot.com)

  • Have lost a few of stone ~ this is tied in with the healthy bit, I have creaking bits now I am getting older and I know my poor knees are going to suffer for the excess weight I carry (sorry knees). Apart from the obvious health benefits I need to get on track and lose this weight once and for all, I have been fighting with this since I was 12 years old and I don't want to be Fourty, Frumpy and FAT! I am the only one that can do something about it though so I will have to get tough and get stuck in. As mentioned previously I have great get up and go at the start but no staying power, that's the bit I need to crack!

image: Google Images (delish.com)

I quite like these little awards as it gives us a chance to see a little deeper into each other.
You know I don't mind if you ignore this but I open it up to any of you that would like to hold a mirror up to yourselves and let us know what you see in your future!


~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~

13 comments:

Vix said...

What a tricky tag, you've done so well with your answers! You've moved 14 times? That's incredible. The future scares me. I just hope we're both happy and healthy. xxx

verykerryberry said...

I haven't thought about this either but it is making me think now...

Bethany said...

Hehe--my right knee gets a little cantankerous too at times...my brain needs to talk to my body and tell it that we're still only 19 :)

Pene said...

Well my kids are the ages yours will be in 10yrs and I have 3 grandchildren and 3 step-grandchildren so think I'm your future. Oh and have moved 23 times since I left home at 18. Mmm Durham calls to me too maybe next move?
Have a nice weekend
Pene x

daisychain said...

what a fabulous tag idea x

Dawn said...

Haven't seen this idea before - very interesting and thought provoking.

Unknown said...

great idea... I dare not do it yet but a defo for the future xx

Amanda Makes said...

Love all your photo's...really made me laugh! Lots of love, Amanda xxxx

Serenata said...

Very interesting and thought provoking post. I had moved 16 times by the time I was 33! Where we live now is the longest I have ever lived anywhere!

Serenata said...

Oops, I forgot three moves....make that 19 times

Lucy in the Clouds said...

Ah I love Durham - so pretty! I'm calling myself a Durhamite now I've moved from Teesside to Sedgefield - sounds so much better than 'smoggy'!!

Very thought provoking post, love the bit about not wanting to earn as much as you can - that's not what it's all about is it?

I might have a good think and do this one myself this week... xx

Alex said...

What an interesting reply. I don't really make long term plans so have no chance of being able to answer this but I'm always intrigued as to what other people think about their lives.

Would you believe that I've never been to Durham? You should move there and I'll come and visit, tee hee!

Anonymous said...

Kandi, I move a lot too don't worry :P Anyhow, I think it's always good to try and set yourself where you think you will be in a year, five years, 10 years time.. That way you can always stay focused on what is important to you - as in , spend more time with fam, less at work ( I fully support you on this one!)