Thursday 10 February 2011

Candle Making

I have fancied trying candle making and knowing nothing about it at all I bought a little book in the Hobbycraft sale a few weeks ago, and boy am I glad I did. I had no idea that there were different types of wax for the type of candle you are making and the arrary of different wicks in different sizes is mind boggling. Even thought the cover of this book looks really basic, dont' be fooled it is a little treasure. It takes you by the hand and gently guides you through the whole process and now I feel much more confident to try it. It will involve some outlay for equipment and materials so I wanted to get it right. Have a little look at the possibilities: (apologies for the dark pics, not sure what happened there)



Wonderful? I will give this a try soon, in the meantime I'm enjoying looking for little candle containers, second hand of course...

Talking of second hand; look what I picked up for £1 this weekend, this beautiful table cloth.

The work that has gone into this is amazing, it's completely hand stitched all the way round, the tiny green tack stitces and all.
It even looks beautiful on the back.
Who would give this away, madness!

~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~

5 comments:

- said...

The candle making will be fun. So great to try out different crafts. What an amazing find. The tablecloth is gorgeous.

kim said...

It's so much fun tying a different craft plus it keeps your brain cells ticking over and gives new inspiration and ideas.

Beautiful tablecloth, I think most people who give these away don't realise their worth.
florrie x

Rachael @ CleverCheshireCats said...

I love the idea of candles in the vintage teacups. The tablecloth is gorgeous. My mum just found something similar the other day and paid 20p!

Handmade and Vintage said...

I can't believe the things people get rid of - also can't believe you got the tablecloth for a pound - they are sooooo expensive now in the charity shops round my way. Are you going to use it as a cloth or make something with it?

hart44 said...

Hehe do you ever stop, you are so talented :) you put me to shame but what a great craft to do :)
The table cloth is amazing :) what a bargain find, well done :)