Thursday 19 May 2011

Boxing Clever

Thanks so much for your kind words on my wobblyness these last few days.  I thought like several of you it might have been an inner ear infection but my trusty Doc tells me I have Vertigo ~ lovely!  I have pills now and I am mostly staying upright  ~ hooray:)

I wanted to share something I found on eBay last week.

The little wax melts and tea lights I have been making left me with a little dilemma, how do I package them?

They are quite delicate and I didn't want to just chuck em in a bag as they get all dunched and scuffed.  I did look into buying some little boxes but found them too expensive.
Last year I did a box making workshop at Pins and Needles Craft Show and thought I might give it a go again.  I was discussing this with a crafty lady at work who brought in a box making board with ready scored lines and I was really pleased with it, it worked a treat (thanks Judith).  I set out into the ether to find myself one at a reasonable price and I found this:

I know it looks a bit basic, but it's just perfect for what I need.  I love that it's handmade and can you see where it's hand stamped base and lid ~ rustic and sweet.

It arrived last Friday and I spent the whole evening making little perfectly sized boxes for my stuff.  Each box is bespoke and perfect, I love it!  The box maker came with a tutorial and some box templates and the best bit was that it was £4.99 with £2.70 delivery.  I bought this from eBay from Crafter Sally if you are looking for something similar.




  



I hasten to add I have no affiliation with this shop just like to share great finds with you!

P.S.I have a little giveaway in mind soon ~ watch this space :)

P.P.S. Kandi Penny Blossom Tutorial coming on Saturday

~ ♥ TTFN ♥ ~

20 comments:

Bethany said...

I love those!!!!!!! What a nifty little gadget to have! I get oddly excited about nice packaging :)

Unknown said...

Lovely boxes Kandi. I have the Martha Stewart score board and the xcut board and love the fact you can create boxes to the sizes you need.
Looking foward to the flower tutorial.
Dx

Unknown said...

Fantastic boxes, the board is excellent! They fit you melts and candles perfectly don't they!

Alex said...

I am such a sucker for nice packaging. They look gorgeous and I bet they're super satisfying to make. Perfect :)

Jackie said...

Wow lovely boxes Kandi! You have been busy. I used something similar to make my Club membership Pack boxes. It's so much more satisfying to make them yourself isn't it?!! Looking forward to the tutorial x

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

I have a more basic board, this one looks much better :) Your boxes look very professional x

Vix said...

Those boxes are pretty! Sorry to hear about your wobbliness, get well soon. xxx

keshling said...

ooh, I like that idea....now I just have to find something to box lol!

K xx

Gilly Tee said...

They look fantastic are they easy to do?
Gillx

Unknown said...

Your box gadget is fab, thanks for letting us know where you got it from. Hope your vertigo sorts itself out soon. x

Is it just me or....? said...

Now that looks like a good idea!

Sarah xx

Lucy in the Clouds said...

These are brilliant, very professional looking! Hope the pills sort you out soon - vertigo? Not surprised your head's spinning, you never seem to stop for a second! xx

LaaLaa said...

The boxes are fab! I love them. xx

Marg said...

Fabulous boxes, I love packaging, boxes & tins especially.

jane p said...

I had vertigo once. It lasted 1 whole day and suddenly it disappeared on its own. It felt really strange and I had to be careful how I stood up. The world felt so wonky with me using walls for support and walking hunched over. Hope your vertigo goes away soon.

Beki said...

They look fantastic, very proffessional!

B xxx

char said...

Hope that the vertigo passes, that doesn't sound good at all.
And the boxes are fantastic, well done on such a useful find! :)

Anonymous said...

The boxes are lovely, what a great ebay find :o)Hope the vertigo sorts itsef out soon. have a lovely weekend. Hannah x

Gem said...

Thanks for sharing, this looks like a really handy tool to have : ) I am also loving the tool she has for making bows and tassels, they are so clever xxx

Nicky Stevenson said...

Those boxes look very professional, perfect for your little candles.

Thanks for your comment on my post, I have replied there if you want to take a look.

Hope your vertigo thing gets sorted out. Feeling dizzy is not nice. xx