Wednesday 30 November 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

... isn't it exciting, I'm one of those people that just love Christmas (apologies to all the scrooges out there)!

 Last week I posted off my box of goodies to my lovely friend Lynda (Hookin' with LaaLaa) for our Advent swap


I also received my parcel too!  At this point I can only share the parcels all ready to be unwrapped, but don't they look appealing?



Do you see that Lindt chocolate bear? He is now gone, he was rather tasty!

I have to add that I was overjoyed to receive a pack of egg nog mix, Lynda has turned me and Beki into egg nog addicts so anything to help feed the addiction is more than welcome, it was delicious too with full fat milk and a splash of cream and nutmeg ~ Christmassy heaven in a cup!

Isn't swapping a little scary though, I always feel very nervous that I have not sent enough, or that it is not to the standard required but I do like to participate anyway.

Most of my recent makes are presents for Christmas, swaps, and birthdays but I will be back soon to reveal all.
p.s. I'm very nearly at 400 followers (thanks to you all xx) so I'm contemplating a little giveaway when I reach the big 400, watch this space.



~ ♥ Back Soon ♥ ~ 

16 comments:

daisychain said...

I'm a Christmas fiend too!

lemonade kitty said...

I just love "swaps" bet you can't wait to rip those wonderfully wrapped packages open. What's the egg nog mix? Havn't heard of it but it sounds delicious, Lucey x

Bethany said...

Oh you know I loves me my Christmas!!! Those gifties look too precious--I can't wait to see what you get! I don't know if I could follow the rules--I'd have to tear into them immediately!

Katy said...

I like christmas.... in December! I do love swaps even though I have only taken part in two. Hopefully when I am less desperately skint I will be able to take part in some more and share the love :)

Katy
x

somewhere on the avenue said...

I did this swap and I loved it. Will do some more I hope.

All of the decs are going up on the 1st, so only a few more hours to go x

MyBrotherAddictionAndMe said...

This advent swap has been so much fun but I agree with you I get so nervous when sending bits and bobs I hope they are well received! Looking forward to seeing what you get each day xx

Jackie said...

All excited here too! Looking forward to seeing what's in those gorgeous packages. Congrats on almost 400 followers xx

ohsewbeautiful said...

I know what you mean :(
I always feel i haven't done enough, I really hope Judith likes the gifts I sent xx

Ali said...

Ooh cant wait to see what you get!! Ooh eggnog have always wanted to try it but didnt know how to make it so a mix sounds ideal - dont suppose you know where she got it from???

Beki said...

Bah Humbug ;o)
You knows I'm only joking. LOVE LOVE LOVE cHristmas, can't wait to get the decs up and dig out 'The night before Christmas', have read that to all 3 of my babies every night throughout December

B xxx

Country Rose said...

I completely know what you mean! I'm sooo nervous thinking that my presents wont be good enough for my partner!
Ashley xxx

Sarah said...

How lovely your parcels look!! I got mine this week and it's so exciting isn't it?

I know what you mean about swapping being a but scary, I am always worried I haven't sent enough, or my makes are not good enough!!

Ooooh, I've always wanted to try egg nog but don't won't each raw egg (which most recipes contain) where did the mix come from?

S x

The Patchwork Heart said...

I agree with the scary feeling .... I too have a lovely box of advent goodies and am waiting with baited breath to see if my partner likes hers , have fun unwrapping!
Heather x

Unknown said...

What a lovely load of goodies it will be fun opening one a day. Its lovely to give to i wouldnt worry about the amount its the thought and the time that goes into it that counts. Enjoy all that you do, dee x

Claire said...

Hi I am now following your blog, number 398 so a step closer to 400 :)
I too am taking part in the advent swap and as this is only my second swap I have been extremely nervous for the same reasons you have said, glad it's not just me!
That egg nog looks good, how is it made?

Country Rabbit said...

beautiful wrapped advent goodies, how lovely- the wrapping is fabby xx
egg nog? is that in any old supermarket? sounds yummers ;0)x