Saturday 17 March 2012

A Few Little Updates

 More squares arrived this week for the blanket swap, to date I have one large and six smaller squares that are itching to be joined together, thanks ladies. 

A little impromptu eBay win this week is this Trapunto Italian Quilting Cushion Kit.  The instructions are dated 1980 and they are typed (as in from a typewriter).  I've not attempted anything like this but I'm looking forward to giving it a go.


I have had the odd hour this week to craft and I have made a bit of progress with my first block for the Lynette Anderson Christmas Quilt.

 It's a bit shabby and creased but it's almost there!

Remember my cosy blanket I blogged about last time, well I popped back in to pick up another one for a friend and I spied the Orla ish one had been reduced by 50%, so for £4.50 I snapped it up too!

 And last but not least, I was the lucky winner of this sweet little Make Your Own Mouse Kit by Bustle and Sew.  I won this over at Annies blog, thanks again honey!

Well I'm planning on making a bit of progress with my Christmas Quilt this week, I will be back with an update soon.

9 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

It doesn't look shabby at all. You did good, Lisa, very good. Love the Orla like towel I see that it's from BM. Love that store. Shame there are none in London as far as I know. xx

Gilly Tee said...

your square arrived safely and is fantastic Thank you. I won the other kit, aren't they sweet.
Gillx

LaaLaa said...

The quilt block looks fantastic! I'm so glad you're doing it. Ha, you can see the difference between my crappy stitches and your neat ones! The Orla throw is gorgeous too and, aw, I love that little mouse. How lucky you are! I never win anything. xxx

Emma Breadstill said...

Hi Lisa, thank you for your lovely comment and for becoming a follower, lovely to meet you. I'm glad you like the squares, I received yours in the week and thought I'd thanked you but when I looked at your comments I realised I hadn't, sorry about that. The squares are lovely, thank you. Hope you're having a nice weekend xxx

jane p said...

I actually know what u mean by Orla-ish! xmas quilt looking good.

Josie-Mary said...

To many lovely things!! The Orla throw is lovely :) x

Wendy said...

Damn, I knew there was something I meant to do at the weekend - B&M is only down the road from my house! Can't wait to see how you get on with the trapunto, good on you for tackling something so scarily difficult! (I might be wrong about that, it might be easy...). Love the reindeers!

Unknown said...

Wow! I would have sworn that it was an Orla Keily Blankie! Great buy chuck, enjoy your mouse xx

thesnailgarden said...

I love your Christmas quilt block - it's gorgeous. Best wishes, Pj x