Tuesday 3 April 2012

Stitch at Home by Mandy Shaw

A couple of weeks ago at Birmingham NEC I had the good fortune to meet the very talented lady Mandy Shaw of Dandelion Designs

Mandy had a new book on the way and she had samples there on the day so my friend Lynda and I pre-ordered a copy each and my book arrived today!

I thought I would share it with you as it is a delight.
I have had a good hour with a cuppa oohhing and aahhing my way through it and there are lots of makes that I am determined I will create from this book.


 The book is signed by the author which is a lovely touch.



Here is a sneaky peek of the delights on offer:


Cottage Sewing Case, ...oohhh


Patchwork Quilt, ...aahhhh

Cutwork  Pin Cushion, ...wow

Sometimes you buy a craft book and there are one or two things you really must make, well in this book I really want to make almost every project!  There is even a fabulous dog bed I want to make and I don't even own a dog! I did want to show you almost every page, but that would be cheeky.

Anyhoo, off to make a few notes and gather some supplies :0)

p.s.  don't forget there is still time to enter my little giveaway, you will find it here.


p.p.s. My friend Lynda (The Swap Queen) is hosting a Jubilee Swap if you are interested you will find that over here.

p.p.p.s. The clever Jenny Arnott has been featured in a new crafty book is having a lovely giveaway over on her blog you can find details of that here!


Phew, that's all folks, back soon!

11 comments:

LaaLaa said...

As you know, I got mine today too. Isn't if great? I want to make most of the projects in it too. Oh dear! More to add to the list. Thanks for the shout out gorgeous. xxx

jane p said...

I have a thing for houses so I'm drooling all over your blog.

Unknown said...

I saw the made items at a trade show, absolutely beautiful! Can;t wait to see your makes chuck xx

jill said...

Lovely things to make have fun xx

GiddyStuff said...

This book is already on my 'need' list. I bought Stitched With Love last year, brilliant book :)

Jille said...

Thank you for sharing your book - I'm looking forward to seeing what you make! This book just needs to go on my wish list!
Jille x

Unknown said...

It looks like a fab book
XX Manda XX

Deborah said...

Your new book looks fab, can't wait to see what you make first :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Pene said...

Oh wow I want!!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh I can't wait to see what you come up with :-D

Anonymous said...

Hi Kandi,I first saw Mandy on kirstys show back a year or two ago and have followed her since,she has such a wonderful home and I love the things she makes.This book looks wonderful,must add it to the list too.xxx