Monday 10 February 2014

The Season for Gloves and Cowls

I was the lucky recipient of some beautiful handmade gifts again this month. These arm warmers have been on my list of things to make for a long time now and my lovely friend Lynda of Laa Laa Land made me a pair as a gift. 

I was overwhelmed they are super soft and so beautifully made. 

The pattern is Alice Caterpillars a Suzie Johnson design from The Wool Sanctuary.

I also received a skein of this stunning wool, it is Amoroso, Malabrigo from Uruguay and it was enough to knit a cowl to keep out this recent chill.





Shocking washed out photo I'm rubbish at this selfie lark!

I knitted this in the round in one piece and it took the full skein, the pattern is Honey and you can find it here for free on Ravelry.
I knit some gloves myself this month from this book that I bought myself for Christmas,


these have been given as a gift now so I can share here.



Really simple but effective pattern, I embellished them with some ‘forget me not’s’ and made a brooch to match.

I'm in the process of knitting, hooking and sewing gifts so I have nothing to show at the minute apart from these sneaky peeks.



Rounding the week off nicely with a kitty cuddle from my poorly kitty



Back Soon

_________________________________________________________________________________

7 comments:

Ali said...

All gorgeous - love your Cowl - wish I was brave enough to try a round needle (plus find the time!!) aww hope your kitty is alright xx

LaaLaa said...

I'm so glad you love your Alice Caterpillars! I loved making them. Your cowl is beautiful and I LOVE my wristies. They remind me of Wendy whenever I wear them. That's the good things out UK weather; we can wrap up and be happy! Xxx

LaaLaa said...

I typed that on my phone! It should have said 'the good thing about UK weather'. Doh! It's a good job you love me! Xx

Gilly Tee said...

I crocheted myself a pair of wristies at the start of winter and would you believe have lost them. they will probably turn up in June/July when I don't need them.Yours are lovely.
Gillx

Vix said...

I adore those wrist warmers, I'm useless at knitting but it makes me what to attempt tackling the needles again!
Beautiful puss cat! xxx

Anonymous said...

Love your bright pink cowl! That will brighten up the cold grey days we're experiencing at the moment. Love your kitty as well. Hope he's feeling better soon.

lemonade kitty said...

Hi Lisa love your wrist warmers such pretty candy colours. Now I've mastered knitting on 4 needles knitting in the round is next on my list followed by gloves with fingers in! Hope your kitty is feeling much better now, xPS love the yellow square in the crochet, a cushion perhaps? So very Spring like x