Thursday 8 May 2014

Whippoorwill Shawl

I have a very long list of things I want to make and on that list is this beautiful thing The Whippoorwill Shawl.


Photo by Carina Spencer
I saw this Whippoorwill Shawl on Crafts from the Cwtch blog last year and when I saw the lovely Lynda (Lynda is the Mum of Sarah of Crafts from the Cwtch) wearing it on Great British Sewing Bee last month it brought it back to mind.  This year I promised myself I would buy no more wool or fabric until I had worked my way through my little stash mountain, but look, isn’t it divine, all swishy and bright? 
I had to have it so I bought the pattern and the wool there and then before I put it to the back of my mind.
The pattern is available to buy on Ravelry here and the wool is Kauni Effect Yarn.  
I bought my wool from here it came all the way from Estonia in a couple of days!  It’s quite a scratchy wool but I was itching to get knitting with it (see what I did there?).

I love the way the colours are showing themselves, this looks like a sunset to me.

I will be posting updates on its bright and breezy (albeit slow) progress.

p.s. I was gutted Lynda didn't win she was my favorite of all the GBSB bees!

Back Soon



5 comments:

Emma-Jayne said...

What gorgeous yarn... certainly worth breaking the use up the stash first rule!
Can't wait to see the finished article. Those colours are just devine
x

thesnailgarden said...

I see you have as much self control as I have! ;) Love the way the colours are evolving in your shawl. Your cardi looks good too. I am so slow at knitting that it takes a lot longer than a couple of months for me to finish a garment. Best wishes, Pj x

Unknown said...

I love the Kauni yarns - they feel a bit scratchy while you are working with them but a wash softens them nicely and they don't pill so fast - love your colors also. Beth

Unknown said...

Wow such beautiful yarn. I`m determined to make my Mum a shawl this year x

char said...

I love the colours you've used - you're so talented, you know!
I was sad that Lynda didn't win as well. She seems to be so lovely!